Welcome to the Village of Potosi, here is some information
that we feel would be helpful for you as a new resident.
Utilities & Telecommunication Services
Garbage & Recycling – Faherty Inc (billed with Water & Sewer) 348-9586
Garbage and recycling collection is weekly on Fridays. Please have both to the curb by 7:00 AM. If a holiday occurs during the week, not Sunday, then the collection will be on Saturday for that week only.
Yard waste is picked up by village employees on the last Monday of the month from March through October. Yard waste shall include, but not be limited to, grass clippings, leaves, brush clippings, branches less that 4” in diameter and 3’ in length (tied in bundles), weeds, and garden debris.
Water-Sewer-Refuse –Connection & Disconnection – Village Hall, 105 North Main St, 763-2261
Potosi Village Hall & Police Department-105 North Main St, 763-2261
Potosi Branch Library-103 North Main St, 763-2115
Hours: Tuesday & Thursday: 3pm-8pm, Wednesday: 10am-1pm, Saturday: 9am-1pm
Post Office-101 East St, 763-2202 or 1-800-ASK-USPS (1-800-275-8777)
Polling Location–Voting Center-105 North Main St
You may register to vote on or before Election Day at the Potosi Village Hall or online at My Vote WI: myvote.wi.gov (online registration must be done prior to Election Day)
Village Contact Information
Village of Potosi Board Members as of April 2020
President: Mick Whitaker
Trustee: Tom Droessler
Trustee: Jen Richardson
Trustee: Gary David
Trustee: Joyce Weber
Trustee: Jill Wunderlin
Monthly Board Meetings are held at the Potosi Village Hall Meeting room on the first Monday of the month at 6:00 pm.
Village Clerk-Treasurer: Jessie Gavinski, 105 North Main St, P.O. Box 45, Potosi, WI 53820
Phone 763-2261, Email email@example.com
Office Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 am-4:30 pm
Emergencies-Police/Fire/Rescue Squad: 911
Police Department/non-emergency: Deputy Andy Nelson
Fire Department/non-emergency: Chief Ryne Emler – 608-778-2393
Rescue Squad/non-emergency: Missy Kliebenstein, Chief 608-330-2287
Director of Public Works: Bob Haberkorn – 608-763-2261
Sewer Plant Operator: Casey Schaefer – 608-763-2830
Building & Zoning Inspector: Mike Reuter 1-888-596-5387 or 608-348-3627
Property Assessor: Gardiner Appraisal Services 1-608-943-8009
Official Newspaper for the Village of Potosi: Herald Independent, Lancaster
24 HOUR PARKING LIMIT
No person shall park, stop or leave standing any vehicle, whether attended or unattended, for a period of more than twenty-four (24) consecutive hours on any street of the Village of Potosi, or any Village parking lot in said Village.
NO PARKING AREAS
No person shall park, stop or leave standing any vehicle, whether attended or unattended, upon any portion of a street when such street is properly designated by an official “No Parking” sign placed on said street under the direction of the Village Board or by the Chief of Police of said Village. In addition to other areas designated by the Village Board and Chief of Police as no parking areas, there shall be no parking in the following areas:
- Along the west side of the northernmost 210 feet of Jentz Drive
- Along the east side of Jentz Drive
- Along the north side of Taylor Court
- Within the cul-de-sac located at the end of Taylor Court
- No person shall park a motor truck, truck-trailer, trailer, semi-trailer, or any combination thereof, in excess of 10,000 pounds along the east side of Main Street commencing at its intersection with Brewery Hollow Road and continuing North 129 feet.
When signs are erected in any block giving notice thereof, no person shall park a vehicle for longer than a period of four consecutive hours at any time between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. on any Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday.
BOAT LANDING FEES AND REGULATIONS
A: The following fees are established for the use of all boat ramps located within a public boat landing in the Village of Potosi, Grant County, Wisconsin.
1) $20.00 – Annual Fee
2) $3.00 – Daily Use Fee
B: For the fees set forth in paragraph (A) above, the following definition shall apply:
1) Annual shall mean the year 2019 commencing with the enactment of this ordinance and extending to and including the 31st day of December 2019. Thereafter, annual shall be each calendar year starting January 1, 2020.
2) Daily shall mean commencing on the day the fee for the daily usage was purchased and ending at midnight of that same day.
C: Any person launching a boat or other watercraft from a ramp located at a public boat landing in the Village of Potosi, Grant County, Wisconsin, shall be required to pay the fee as set forth in paragraph (A) above. Notwithstanding the above, all state, federal, and local governmental agencies are exempt from payment of the fee hereunder required.
D: That the Village Clerk, her designee, the Potosi Police Department or any other person designated by the Village Board, is hereby authorized to sell and collect the permits and associated fees required by this ordinance. Further, the Village Clerk or Police Department is authorized to undertake and implement any and all additional requirements necessary to effectuate this ordinance.
E. No person may use a dock located in a public boat landing for any purpose other than to load or launch a boa Any other activities, including but not limited to swimming, fishing or transient docking, are hereby prohibited.
F: Each day for which a person violates any provision of this ordinance shall be considered a separate offense. Any person violating any provision of this ordinance shall be subject to a forfeiture of $10 plus court costs and other costs or prosecution.
SNOW AND ICE REMOVAL
RESPONSIBILITY OF OWNER, OCCUPANT, ETC
The owner, occupant or person in charge of each and every building or structure or unoccupied lot in the Village of Potosi fronting or abutting any street shall clean or cause to be cleaned the sidewalk in front of or adjoining each such home, building or unoccupied lot as the case may be of snow or ice to the width of such sidewalk within twenty-four (24) hours and shall cause the same to be kept clear from ice and snow, provided that when the ice has formed on any sidewalk so that it cannot be immediately removed, the persons herein referred to shall keep the same sprinkled with ashes, sawdust or sand. In case any owner or occupant shall fail to clean such sidewalk within the time specified, it shall be the duty of the Village to have the same cleaned; and said Village shall keep an account of such expense against each lot or parcel of ground and shall make a certified report of the same to the Village Clerk of the amount therein charged to each lot or parcel of land, which shall be entered by said Village Clerk on the next tax roll of said Village as a special tax against said premises.
TREE AND WEED REGULATIONS
Trees standing in or upon any public street or place, or upon any lot or land adjacent thereto shall be pruned and trimmed by the owner or owners or occupants of the property on or in front of which such trees are growing so that the lowest branches projecting over the public street or alley will provide a clearance of not less than 14 feet and a clearance of not less than 10 feet over any public place and so that no dead, broken or otherwise hazardous branches shall be likely to fall and do injury to the public. Any tree not trimmed as herein provided shall be deemed hazardous.
No person shall permit weeds or grass to grow to an average height of more than 12 inches in the residential or business districts of the Village. The Village President, or someone on his behalf, shall give a ten (10) day written notice to the owner or occupant of said premises that such weeds and grass have obtained a height of 12 inches and should be cut forthwith. If such owner or occupant fails to cut such grass and weeds, the Village President may order Village employees to enter upon said premises and cut such grass and weeds and may collect the expense thereof by a special assessment against the owner of said premises.
DOGS AND OTHER ANIMALS
STATE LECENSE STATUTES ADOPTED. The provisions of Chapter 174, Wis. Stats., pertaining to the licensing of dogs, are made a part of this section by reference.
No person shall own, harbor or keep any dog, cat or other animal, livestock or fowl, or allow such to enter or remain within the Village, which:
- Habitually pursues any vehicles, bicycle or pedestrian upon any public street, alley, highway or sidewalk in the Village.
- While within the Village, assaults or attacks any person, or habitually defaces, injures or damages the property of any person, or discharges excrement upon any public or private property of the owner or keeper, unless such owner or keeper immediately thereafter removes and cleans up such animal’s excrement.
- Runs at large within the limits of the Village. Any such animal shall be deemed to be running at large when it is on or within any of the public streets, alleys, parks or other public grounds of the village, or any other premises in the Village other than on or within the premises or vehicle of its owner, his servant, agent or a member of his family suitable age and discretion.
- Habitually barks or howls to annoyance of any three (3) or more adult persons residing within the Village, or which disturbs the peace by loud noises at any time of the day or night.
- While within the Village, and when required by Wisconsin Statute or Village ordinance, is not licensed and to which the proper license tag is not attached.
- Pit Bull Dog
- The pit bull terrier breed of dog
- The Staffordshire bull terrier breed of dog
- The American pit bull terrier breed of dog
- The American Staffordshire terrier breed of dog
- Dogs of mixed breed or of other breed listed herein whose breed or mixed breed is commonly known as pit bull, pit bull dog or pit bull terrier
Village of Tennyson Board Members as of April 2020
President: Keith Jantzen
Trustee: Larry Leibfried
Trustee: Karla Tobin-Leiser
Trustee: Doug Pluemer
Trustee: Debbie Leibfried
Clerk/Treasurer: Lynn Yager
Monthly Board Meetings are held at the Tennyson Village Hall the first Monday of the month at 7pm.
Village of Tennyson Hall: 101 Bunker Hill Street, Tennyson WI – 608-763-2912
Village of Tennyson Mailing Address: Lynn Yager, PO Box 172, Potosi, WI 53820
Village of Tennyson Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Emergencies – Police/Fire/Rescue Squad: 911
Police Department/non emergency (Potosi): Deputy Andy Nelson 608-723-2157
Fire Department (Potosi): Chief Ryne Emler 608-778-2393
Rescue Squad (Potosi): Missy Kleibenstein, Chief 608-330-2287
Public Works: Dan Kerkenbush 608-558-5382
Water & Sewer Connection or Disconnection: Lynne Jantzen 608- 763-2312
Building & Zoning Inspector: Mike Reuter 1-888-596-5387/608-348-3627
Electric – Alliant Energy: 1-800-862-6222
Telephone TDS: 1-888-CALL-TDS/1-888-225-5837
Property Assessor: Gardiner Appraisal Services 1-608-943-8009
Garbage and Recycling Faherty INC.: 608-348-9586, collection every Friday mornings around 7am.
Post Office: Local 608-763-2202, 1-800-Ask-Usps (1-800-275-8777)
Polling location: 101 Bunker Hill Street, Tennyson, WI.
Official Newspaper for the Village of Tennyson: Herald Independent, Lancaster